Tuesday 18 March 2014

Evaluation: Q7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Comparing skills I have acquired between both my prelim and film opening:

Research and pre-production:
During the pre production stage of my prelim the research we did was not up to scratch as it was very minimal and only a few blogs were uploaded on to blogger to show evidence of the search we did. the main piece of research we did was of stereotypes portrayed within teen movies. Whereas, when it came to the pre production stage of our film opening we created a whole pitch that included all of the research we done in preparation for filming our opening, through this pitch my writing skills improved as I had tried to relate the information we got as sophisticatedly as possible. my researching skills were improved immensely by the time it came to our film opening project as I was driven to work more independently. As for the location of our film opening we were more experimentive and used various locations in comparison to the prelim where we just used the college. we even created a detailed storyboard and followed what we wrote down in order to ensure that we got the most out of our project.
 
Filming: 
when it came to actually producing the film, we had to be mindful of various aspects of camera work such as: shot types, angles, 180 degree rule and the thirds rule. All of these things did become the main focus because it allowed us to produce a quality filled production when it came to editing. However, in our prelim we tried to include as much shot types as we could but lacked variety as well as the camera being wonky at certain times when filming. As well as this, a lot of the shots were out of focus which ruined the quality of it all. Through filming I learnt how to be more patient.

Post production:
 when editing we decided to utilise more match cuts, as well as making sure our footage linked and was seamless, as this is something we failed to do in our prelim. It was very jumpy and it didn't flow very well which highlighted the fact that we were amateurs. We also ensured that the sound we used linked well with the film opening and worked well for the sound bridges we created throughout our film opening. The skills I acquired through post production was how to be more creative and precise in decision making.

what I have learned overall: 
I believe that I have developed tremendously over the course of creating both the prelim and film opening, particularly in the camerawork as i wasn't advanced in certain rules and ideas I could have applied to my prelim, it was very basic and the quality was affected because of this. I became more independent overall in all areas from pre-production to post production.


here are some Gif images I created to show the obvious differences in quality between my prelim and film opening:
                                                       
                                                                          Titles


                                                                   Match cuts

Distribution company Ident.
 
                                                                    Camera focus


 
                                  Head space








No comments:

Post a Comment